Clothes store update: 08.11.2018. This list is updated regularly.
For all clothes donations enquiries: email@example.com
Please note – due to current lack of storage space, we are unable to take donations of clothes other than those listed below under ‘Items needed’
Please note – we do not need any more of the following:
- Sanitary towels
Did you know items given to us which are not on our lists cause us extra work? We have to bag these up and transport them to charity shops – please help us by keeping the need to do this to a minimum, thank you.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with queries about donations.
Scroll down for delivery details
- Duvets (synthetic), blankets (wool/acrylic – no cotton please)
- Sleeping bags and thin, foam camping mats
- Men’s PANTS/BOXER SHORTS…pants, pants, pants…
- Razors, razors, razors… + shaving cream/shaving gel!
- Deodorants, Deodorants, Deodorants!!!!
- Socks, socks, socks!
- Shampoo + shower gel
- Gloves – fleece/sturdy gloves. (No ‘magic’ gloves please)
- Men’s waterproof trainers + boots
- Men’s coats and jackets
Clean, good quality clothing can be part of maintaining your dignity whilst you are homeless, sleeping rough or in a hostel. So, please:
- NO dirty, unwashed items or things smelling strongly of stale cigarettes.
- NO ripped, damaged or heavily stained items.
Where to bring your donation:
St Giles Parish Church Hall
10 Woodstock Road
Oxford OX2 6HT
Our entrance is:
Through the double yellow doors overlooking the Parish Hall garden just alongside Woodstock Road and behind St Giles Church, (as you approach from town).
Just go up the steps to the double yellow doors and tap on the doors. Someone will come and open the door for you.
What times to bring donations:
If you come when the Gatehouse Café is open, the doors will be open and guests and staff will be in the garden and near the doors – just ask for a member of staff and people will be happy to get someone for you.
- It’s best to deliver before the Café opens. Once we are open it can be quite busy on the doors.
- If you can’t come before we open, you are still very welcome to deliver during our opening times.
- The Gatehouse Café is open to guests from 5 -7 pm Mon to Fri, and from 4-6pm Sun.
- Please ask for a staff member to take your donation.
Please NEVER LEAVE DONATIONS ON THE DOOR. Items left on the door get damaged by rain or can be stolen.
Lastly – If you are bringing items collected by someone else and you don’t know what’s in the bags, please check-or ask one of our staff to check-that the items are ones that listed on this page.
Thank you for offering to donate to The Gatehouse. Our guests DO appreciate the generosity of the general public and acknowledge this support as they face the hostile challenge of living on the street.
Whilst you might be able to keep yourself clean, keeping your belongings clean and dry when it’s cold or pouring with rain can be hard on the streets. Your donations go a long way supporting people in the uphill struggle with the elements